At St. Paul’s and Trinity, we strive to reach out in a variety of ways to help change the lives of those in need. We are always looking for new ways to be of service in the Name of the Lord. Here are some of our ministries:
- The Carousel Thrift Shop provides quality clothing at an extremely affordable price.
- Fighting hunger through parish participation in the Northern Dutchess Cropwalk as well as collecting food and monetary gifts for local food pantries.
- Partnering with “Taking it to the Streets“; a not-for-profit organization that feeds and clothes the homeless in Poughkeepsie. We collect seasonal clothing throughout the year as well as filling warm socks withtoiletries and snacks at Christmas time.
- We partner with the Astor Head Start program at Mill Rd. elementary school by providing backpacks and school supplies for children entering kindergarten. At Christmas time, we provide every child in the Astor Head Start class with warm pajamas and a new book.
- Our Recovery Ministry helps the addicted, as well as anyone in need of healing, and those that love them, with special emphasis on education and prevention.
- We collect pet food, paper towels, newspapers, cleaning supplies, and blankets for the local SPCA, supplying their shelter and community pet food pantry.